Reports from the just concluded Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) 2018 held at the Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre in Bayelsa State, the beauty from Imo state, Anita Ukah, 23 years came premier.
Ms. Ukah beat 36 other contestants to become the most beautiful girl in Nigeria. She is no stranger to beauty pageants having won the title of Miss Igbinedion University, Okada, in 2014.
Aside from winning the crown, she will also represent Nigeria at the Miss World 2018 pageantry scheduled for December 8 in Sanya, China. The pageant was hosted by the duo of Toke Makinwa and IK Osakioduwa.
The names of the other top five finalists are:
- The first runner-up: Aramide Oluwatobi Lopez, (Miss Lagos).
- The second runner-up: Danielle Jatto, (Miss Edo).
- The third runner-up: Valentina Ogbonaya, (Miss Sokoto).
- The Fourth runner-up: Tolulope Mary Ayanfalu, (Miss Ogun).
- The Fifth Runner up: Damilola Adeshina (Miss Kwara).
The MBGN pageant, which began in 1983, was originally called Miss Universe Nigeria. It gained attention after it changed its name to Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria in 1986.
Popular model Lynda Chuba was the first MBGN queen.