One of the most stated steps to prevent yourself against coronavirus is by keeping a healthy hygiene, and to do so; keeping your hands clean at all times is the way to go.
The spread of the deadlyis scary, but health officials say that you can protect yourself from getting sick or spreading germs with a . Avoid handshakes, sneeze or cough into your elbow and above all else, wash your hands.
While there’s been a frenzy of people buying(or ), the CDC says that your best bet is to wash your hands often and long enough each time.
I didn’t think I’d ever have to write an article explaining how to do something we’re all taught to do as kids, but the truth is that we don’t wash our hands often enough or well enough. Even worse, some of us (mostly men) don’t do it at all after using the bathroom and that’s plain gross. You should wash your hands after using the restroom, before eating, before and after handling food, after coughing and sneezing and after handling trash (here’s a full list of situations the require hand washing).
Not only is properly stopping the spread of disease. It requires less than 30 seconds and prevents you, your kids, your spouse, friends, coworkers and even people you don’t know from getting sick.easy, it’s also extremely effective at
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has simple directions for doing it:
1. Wet your hands with clean water. It doesn’t matter if it’s hot or cold, use whatever is comfortable for you.
3. Rub your hands together to lather up the soap, then turn off the tap to save water.
4. Spread the lather to the backs of your hands and in between your fingers. Try to get it under your fingernails too — bonus points if you use ato remove more dirt and germs.
5. Now scrub your hands together for at least 20 seconds. If you don’t want to count out those seconds, sing the Happy Birthday song to yourself twice without rushing through it. The point is not to rush.
6. Rinse your hands completely with clean water.
7. Dry your hands using a clean towel or an air dryer. Some studies have shown that paper towels are more hygienic than air dryers, but most agree that drying your hands right after washing them is important to stop the spread of germs no matter how you do it.
Tip: If you’re in public restroom and have access to paper towels, use a clean towel to open the restroom door as you leave. That will shield your hands from the germs of people who left without washing their hands.
Watch Hand Washing Video Below:
View this post on Instagram
#mustwatch This video would #HELP alot, as you will ealize you have not been washing your hands thoroughly. This is a video of how to wash your hands properly. Many health practitioners already wash their hands like this. Anyway the black liquid illustrates every area you touch on your hand with your washing gestures, so watch, learn and #SHARE to reduce the risk of germs in this critical period of the #coronavirus outbreak #COVID19 #naijalog 🤚🏽✋🏽
SPECIAL OFFER: Unlimited Web Hosting at $1 per month REGISTER