Garlic bread is great as a starter, or as a side. A great breakfast alternative to plain bread, or toast., garlic bread adds a spicy, twist to dry-old bread. Today I’m going to start with a cheesy version. Check out how it’s made below.
- 1 Baguette (French bread, it’s a long thin loaf)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (or crushed garlic, as you like)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley ( can be found in a spice can)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F (about 190 degrees C).
- Cut Baguette into thick (1-inch will do) slices, without cutting all the way through the loaf.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Spread the cheese mixture between slices of bread and over the top of the loaf.
- Wrap loaf in aluminum foil, leaving the top partially uncovered.
- Place the bread in the oven, and bake for about 15 minutes or until the butter is melted and the bread is golden.
- Serve warm as a side dish.
SPECIAL OFFER: Unlimited Web Hosting at $1 per month REGISTER