#COVID-19:Prince Charles tests positive for Coronavirus

#COVID-19:Prince Charles tests positive for Coronavirus

- in World News
0

 

Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus.

Clarence House confirmed that the 71-year-old royal had been diagnosed with the COVID-19 disease in a statement released this morning.

He is said to have displayed “mild symptoms” on Sunday and was then tested on Monday, with the results coming through late on Tuesday night.

Charles “otherwise remains in good health” and has been self-isolating in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall- who has tested negative for Coronavirus.

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus,” A statement said.

 

Prince Charles’ last public event was a reception and dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief effort on 12 March, which took place at Mansion House in London.

Earlier that day the Prince of Wales had attended an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, where he greeted recipients with a non-contact gesture due to concerns about the spread of the illness.

READ ALSO  Nkurunziza dares African Union peacekeepers

Sky News’ royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills said that since then Charles has a “small number of meetings”, and that all people he has come into contact with have been tested.

Doctors believe he would have been contagious since 13 March, she added.

He last met the Queen on the morning of 12 March and the 93-year-old monarch is said to be in “good health” and following all appropriate health and safety advice.

Following Prince Charles’ diagnosis, Buckingham Palace said: “Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health.

“The Queen last saw the Prince of Wales briefly on 12 March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.

On 10 March, Prince Charles hosted a WaterAid summit at Clarence House to discuss the impact of climate change on access to drinking water.

The event was also attended by Prince Albert of Monaco, who last week became the first head of state confirmed to have tested positive for coronavirus.

His health was described as “not worrying” and he was being treated by doctors from the Princess Grace Hospital, named after his US actress mother.

Albert is continuing to work from his home office in the palace and is in contact with members of his government.

 

 

 

 

Source:Sky news

SPECIAL OFFER: Unlimited Web Hosting at $1 per month REGISTER


Kindly Share This Story
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    1
    Share

If You Enjoyed This Post, Drop Your Email For Latest News Updates!




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Man robbed of his entire $200k life savings outside bank (video)

A man was robbed of his entire life