It was in the past that most men preferred to go for fat women, lets not mistake fat with chubby and curved. Toolz the presenter was fat (no shades intended) and now that she has shed some of her weight she can be classified as thick/curvy and not fat persay. So basically this article is addressing Fat women, not the extra chubby ones or the thick ones.
I did a random survey on my social media platforms and asked my male followers if they would date fat girls and most said no, then I asked them why and these were their responses.
1. “I grew up fat, and work extremely hard to maintain a healthy weight. I know firsthand how being fat wreaks havoc on your self-esteem and social presence. I would also be concerned about having a partner putting herself at risk for a variety of weight-related complications, especially in the long-term.”
2. “Fat is subjective. Thick is not fat. Much like how women do not want to date a man shorter than them, men don’t want to date women who weigh more than them.”
4. “Being fat can become a serious health problem.”
5. “A woman who is fat clearly just doesn’t care about herself.”
6. “Fat women can’t do as much as skinny women, and I’m pretty active.”
7. “Chubby can be cute. But fat is ugly.”
8. “I’ve broken up with women who let themselves go. It’s my job to earn the money and it’s her job to look good for me and for herself.”
9. “I can’t stand lazy people. If she can’t be bothered to exercise for thirty minutes, that to me is a sign of true laziness.”
And, just to be clear, the views of these men are not my views — or necessarily the views of Naijalog
It’s never easy to be rejected for any reason, but fat women get used to it in their interactions with men sadly because it seems to be more socially acceptable to express disgust with fat than it is express other complaints about a person’s physical appearance.
SPECIAL OFFER: Unlimited Web Hosting at $1 per month REGISTER