Naijalog
  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • World News
  • Trending
  • Entertainment
    • Cinemas
    • Interviews
    • Events
    • Music
    • Videos
  • Sports
    • Football
      • Premiership
      • NPL
    • WORLD CUP 2018
  • Lifestyle
    • Nutrition
    • Health
    • Sex and Relationships
  • Quizzes
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • World News
  • Trending
  • Entertainment
    • Cinemas
    • Interviews
    • Events
    • Music
    • Videos
  • Sports
    • Football
      • Premiership
      • NPL
    • WORLD CUP 2018
  • Lifestyle
    • Nutrition
    • Health
    • Sex and Relationships
  • Quizzes
No Result
View All Result
Naijalog
No Result
View All Result

Xenophobia: Sen. Bukola Saraki Condemns Attack In South African

naijalog by naijalog
September 3, 2019
in Trending
Reading Time: 1 min read
0
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Immediate past president of the eight Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki has condemned the recent Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians living in South Africa, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had previously reported that properties worth millions of naira, belonging to Nigerians in South Africa, were set ablaze by South Africans.

RelatedArticles

Simi Sparks Debate With Call for Tougher Punishment for Rapists

Portable Fires Back at Olamide Over Alleged Industry Blacklist Rumours

A viral video sighted by Igbere TV on Monday also showed several shops being looted by the angry South African citizens in their large numbers.

President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”

Reacting to the development on his verified Twitter handle, the Saraki called on the Nigerian and South African governments to take a decisive action.

“I am saddened by the unfortunate events in South Africa. Nigerians should be allowed to carry out legitimate businesses without fear for their lives”, he said.

“I encourage @NigeriaGov and @CyrilRamaphosa to take decisive actions that will send a strong message. Every Nigerian lives matter”, Saraki added.

ShareTweetSend

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

  • Contact us
  • Advertise with us

© 2022 Naijalog

No Result
View All Result
  • Entertainment
  • Top Stories
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle

© 2022 Naijalog

 

Loading Comments...