Naijalog
  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • World News
  • Trending
  • Entertainment
    • Cinemas
    • Interviews
    • Events
    • Music
    • Videos
  • Sports
    • Football
      • Premiership
      • NPL
    • WORLD CUP 2018
  • Lifestyle
    • Nutrition
    • Health
    • Sex and Relationships
  • Quizzes
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • World News
  • Trending
  • Entertainment
    • Cinemas
    • Interviews
    • Events
    • Music
    • Videos
  • Sports
    • Football
      • Premiership
      • NPL
    • WORLD CUP 2018
  • Lifestyle
    • Nutrition
    • Health
    • Sex and Relationships
  • Quizzes
No Result
View All Result
Naijalog
No Result
View All Result

UBTH confirms 3 COVID-19 cases, 1 death, as 25 doctors go into isolation

naijalog by naijalog
April 5, 2020
in Top Stories
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The management of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) in Edo state, says one of the three patients, who was confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19, has died. The Chief Medical Director of UBTH, Prof. Darlington Obaseki, disclosed this in a statement released today April 5.

The COVID-19 patient was confirmed dead on Friday April 3 by the NCDC. In his statement, Professor Obaseki said following the treatment of the patients with the ravaging Coronavirus disease, about 25 of doctors who were exposed to the patients are currently in isolation. He noted that the exposed staff had only personal protection equipment, such as surgical face-masks and gloves while treating the patients with the infectious diseases.

Read the statement below

RelatedArticles

Two Nigerian Men Caught With Drugs Worth Over N111m in South Africa

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, Friday, 14th July, 2023

 University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) has so far received three patients who have been confirmed positive with COVID-19. 

The two surviving patients are currently being cared for by our dedicated staff in an isolation ward with restricted access. 

Prior to confirmation of their COVID-19 status, some of our healthcare staff were exposed to these patients whilst using only Personal Protection (surgical face-masks and gloves). Currently all staff who were exposed to these patients are asymptomatic and they are being monitored closely according to current guidelines. 

Further measures have been put in place to ensure that our staff are not unduly exposed to risks of infection with COVID-19 in the course of their providing care for patients who come to the hospital for various reasons. 

Healthcare workers are on the front lines in this pandemic and therefore at a higher risk of being exposed than the general public. The management and staff of UBTH while ensuring standard precautions at all times to prevent the spread of this disease, crave the support and understanding of the general public as we fight this raging battle to contain and curb COVID-19.

Prof. D.E Obaseki
Chief Medical Director, UBTH

Tags: coronavirusnigeria newspaper online
ShareTweetSend

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

  • Contact us
  • Advertise with us

© 2022 Naijalog

No Result
View All Result
  • Entertainment
  • Top Stories
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle

© 2022 Naijalog

 

Loading Comments...