Naijalog
  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • World News
  • Trending
  • Entertainment
    • Cinemas
    • Interviews
    • Events
    • Music
    • Videos
  • Sports
    • Football
      • Premiership
      • NPL
    • WORLD CUP 2018
  • Lifestyle
    • Nutrition
    • Health
    • Sex and Relationships
  • Quizzes
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • World News
  • Trending
  • Entertainment
    • Cinemas
    • Interviews
    • Events
    • Music
    • Videos
  • Sports
    • Football
      • Premiership
      • NPL
    • WORLD CUP 2018
  • Lifestyle
    • Nutrition
    • Health
    • Sex and Relationships
  • Quizzes
No Result
View All Result
Naijalog
No Result
View All Result

Six crushed to death in Lagos

naijalog by naijalog
April 1, 2020
in Top Stories
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Six persons lost their lives on Tuesday when a truck fell on a taxi along the Epe Expressway in Lagos State.

The taxi with number plate SMK – 312ES was said to be conveying seven persons to a destination in the state when the tragedy struck after the Epe Long Bridge.

It was learnt that the truck fell on the taxi, crushing and reportedly killing six of the commuters.

RelatedArticles

Two Nigerian Men Caught With Drugs Worth Over N111m in South Africa

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, Friday, 14th July, 2023

As of the time of filing this report, footage showed emergency responders rescuing one of the commuters.

Another footage showed the remains of some of the deceased victims trapped in the crushed vehicle.

A picture of the fallen truck was also sighted by PUNCH Metro.

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the incident said the corpses would be transferred to the mortuary.

He said, “On arrival at the accident scene, a Cement Silo truck with unknown number plate was discovered to have fallen on a fully-loaded OPEL commercial taxi with number plate SMK-312ES.

“Investigations revealed that a total of seven people were in the crushed car with six of them having lost their lives on or shortly after the impact. Efforts are ongoing by the response team to extricate the single adult man who is alive but remains trapped beneath the Silo truck.

“Recovery operation is ongoing. The deceased will be transported to the mortuary for processing.”

Oke-Osanyintolu, however, appealed to members of the public to comply with the COVID-19 social distancing guidelines laid down by the Governor, Babajide Sanwoolu, to avoid endangering themselves as well as the rescue workers who had been operating under extremely challenging conditions.

Tags: nigeria newspaper online
ShareTweetSend

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

  • Contact us
  • Advertise with us

© 2022 Naijalog

No Result
View All Result
  • Entertainment
  • Top Stories
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle

© 2022 Naijalog

 

Loading Comments...