Naijalog
  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • World News
  • Trending
  • Entertainment
    • Cinemas
    • Interviews
    • Events
    • Music
    • Videos
  • Sports
    • Football
      • Premiership
      • NPL
    • WORLD CUP 2018
  • Lifestyle
    • Nutrition
    • Health
    • Sex and Relationships
  • Quizzes
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Top Stories
    • World News
  • Trending
  • Entertainment
    • Cinemas
    • Interviews
    • Events
    • Music
    • Videos
  • Sports
    • Football
      • Premiership
      • NPL
    • WORLD CUP 2018
  • Lifestyle
    • Nutrition
    • Health
    • Sex and Relationships
  • Quizzes
No Result
View All Result
Naijalog
No Result
View All Result

FG targets 37,000 people as school feeding programme commences in Lagos

naijalog by naijalog
May 20, 2020
in Top Stories
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The federal government says it will commence the home-grown school feeding programme in Lagos state on Thursday, with at least 37,000 beneficiaries targeted.

In a statement on Tuesday, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, said each of the beneficiaries would take home food rations worth N4,200.

With the COVID-19 pandemic, the government modified the feeding programme — which was earlier done in schools across the country — to reach pupils at home through their parents.

RelatedArticles

Two Nigerian Men Caught With Drugs Worth Over N111m in South Africa

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, Friday, 14th July, 2023

Sadiya Umar Farouq, minister of humanitarian affairs, flagged off the exercise in Abuja last week.

“Each Take-Home Ration valued at N4,200 is made up of 5 kg Bag of Rice, 5 kg Bag of Beans, 500 ml Vegetable Oil, 750 ml Palm Oil, 500 mg Salt, 15 pieces of eggs, 140gm Tomato Paste,” it said in the statement.

“These rations have been reviewed by nutrition experts to ascertain the nutritional value and benefit to the children.”

The ministry said while the federal government would provide funding for the programme, it will be implemented by the state government.

It also said although the intervention is for primary school pupils, it has been engaging partners to explore options to incorporate children who are not beneficiaries.

At the commencement of the exercise in Abuja, Farouq had said: “The turn-out has been impressive in Abuja and it is clear confirmation that Mr. President’s directive for a proactive intervention was a timely one.

“COVID-19 is taking a health, economic and humanitarian toll on Nigerians and this modified programme is a means of providing relief. It is also boosting the economy by providing income for those in the supply value chain especially poultry farmers.”

Tags: nigeria newspaper online
ShareTweetSend

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

  • Contact us
  • Advertise with us

© 2022 Naijalog

No Result
View All Result
  • Entertainment
  • Top Stories
  • Trending
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle

© 2022 Naijalog

 

Loading Comments...