A four-year-old girl has suffered serious injury and second-degree burns on her face after her dad’s Samsung smartphone ‘exploded’ while she slept.
The young girl was resting next on the bedside table where the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was charging before the sad incident happened.
According to the child’s father, Feng Lingling, he was awoken from his deep sleep by sharp cries from his daughter, only for him to realise that the device had burnt his daughter’s face and left her bleeding.
The girl was immediately rushed to the hospital in Anshun City, China, where she was diagnosed with serious burn injuries. Reports say she now faces permanent disfigurement.
The phone, which was first released by the South Korean tech giant three years ago, was purchased new by the girl’s father, Feng last year August. The phone suddenly exploded while they were asleep and its battery expanded and exploded in the girl’s face.
Feng has however gone back to the retailer, where he bought the phone. The staff are currently in contact with Samsung headquarters over the matter and an investigation is said to be underway.